Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Hey! I'm finally in my rightful place- HAWAII! The weather is great, and we have a really cool house here that we rented. Too bad my friends aren't here- that would be so cool! And Spring Break is finally here. All those projects we had to finish and then come Friday- all is good. And did you know here in Hawaii Spring Break is two-weeks! So much better than our one.

You know how your always taught not to brag. Well, when making a blog no one you knows is likely reading- it's okay to brag a little. Forget being modest. We went to the water park today- it rocked. Then we spent the rest of the night on the beach. And I'm happy- i got a new Nancy Drew game- Danger by Design. It's really cool so far. Plus I got my camcorder to work for the first time, I'm doing well in school, I'm having a lot of fun with the Sims 2 expansion packs I bought for myself.

One big thing- I realized how great my life actually is. My family- sure, they can get on my nerves- but really there not bad for a family! I have a nice house, nice stuff, and enough money of my own (that I've been saving up for awhile I might add). More importantly my school and social life rock! My achidemics are great. I'm smart and smoothing my way through school. No, my romance life is kinda... okay really sucky. But I've got loads of great friends who love and appreciate me. Days are fun. We have so many inside jokes and funny class/friend experiences. It's like nothing anyone else can experience. It's all part of what your offered. And then making the best of it. When life gives you lemons- make lemonade. I recently wrote this in a draft.

"How come know one sent me the memo saying life hides its lemons? I’m trying to make lemonade here, but I’ve haven’t got any lemons! Add some tea leaves and make lemon iced tea. Yet I never expected the recipe to life would be so hard."

"Sometimes I feel like my mind is the Sahara desert, a vast land of nothingness. Other times, my mind full like War and Peace, with a bunch of ideas I can’t yet begin to comprehend. It is these times where you wish there was a food saver for your thoughts- storing your ideas so you could pull them out nice and fresh when you’re ready for them. Emotions should run like that to. So on those days when you so overwhelmed you just can’t cope, you could forget your distress for a little and relax. Then, know that you’re in calm mood capable of making wise choices, you tackle those emotions. To bad things don’t work that way. Guess you’ll just have to get over it."

"By the way, I guess I never properly introduced myself. My name is Amanda and this is the story of my life- unabridged. It starts today, with me in my bed thinking about everything in my life right now. There’s good news, and sucky news, and everything in between."

"Right now, I have a major migraine. So many things are running through my head. I have a tinge of jealousy for Erin, Miley Cyrus, and Anna Sophia Robb. I feel awful about it too but I just can’t shake the feeling. Erin is always visiting and helping my sick friend (cause her mom's a doc)- hey I wasn’t invited! Miley and Anna are superstars, they have fame and fortune, can afford all my favorite designer clothes, and are living my dream job, and acting in my dream roles! It should be me up there not them! Yeah, they are good, but so am I! Why can’t I be discovered! Oh right, I live in the suburbs where no one can possibly find me and it’s to expensive to fly to auditions!"

"As for my sick friend, I have mixed emotions. Hayley, the sick friend, is getting a liver transplant! I miss her so much and want to see her again. I wish her the best and am hoping with all my heart that she feels better! I also feel motivated- I really want to come up with some brilliant idea to help her feel better or raise money for her. While my head is full of emotions- it’s out of ideas."

"On a good note my room is cleaner, I had a lot of fun with my friend Arlene today at my house, and the day went fairly smoothly. But the best of all was, Sheri called. No, she’s not my teacher, but my best friend, Shannan’s, mom. Shannan and I were best friends ever since we were tots. Then a dreaded day in 5th grade came where she had to move far away, all the way to Tennessee! I sad my final goodbyes then ran to my room to cry. It’s been three years, and I still miss her so much! I also wish I could have kept in touch better. Can’t go back and change now though. So just a few hours ago her mom called with excellent news! There moving back in three weeks! I was so exited I cried again. I jumped up and down! She’s not moving back quite where I live, but only 15-20 minutes away, so I can still visit her a lot again! Now thinking about this I feel so much happier. Today really was a good day, much better than the rest of the week. I say I’m sleeping now; it’s time for bed anyway!" (c) of something I published in a book for school. So ha!- now it's against the law to use my words. So don't even think about it.

As you can see- I never did any more than that. Life kept me busy. I soon realized what I said back then was true- life hides it's lemons. But it's totally worth finding to make some killer lemonade. And no, I'm not speaking literally. It's called a metaphor. Go back to elementary school if you seriuosly thought I couldn't find some lemons so I went out and hunted for some so I could make a pitcher of lemonade.

Those sayings- the also relate to other sayings. Like - You can only fail, if you don't try. You can't soar high- if you never attempt to fly. It's all true. As a kid you hear them, in school your taught them, but you truly learn them when you experkience them. You have to life's lesons on your own. Everyone has thier own rate of discovery. sometimes all at once- sometimes not until your deathbed. And if you haven't really felt these- they won't be meaningful nor insighful. they will just be some stupid thing you hear over and over again. In some shape or form- they are true. Just find it on your own. Then you'll know- your entire destiny is up to you!

No comments: